Why Cabbages? Finding the blog you need...
Ok, so I use vegetables as metaphors to reinforce key learning, tools and strategies to help reclaim our wellbeing and focus from negative stress.
My blogs are categorised by vegetable, ie Cabbage, Sprouts or Radish. To help you navigate to content that is most applicable to you, here's how I allocate the cabbage category.
Don't forget, you can always search by keyword or tag for more specific topics, for example, sleep or problematic drinking.
The Cabbage represents how we cope and deal with the challenges we face. In other words, it's about the stressors in work and life and those we put on ourselves.
Imagine yourself standing holding a huge pile of cabbages. Some fresh, some not so fresh. If you don't give yourself a break from carrying them, or you don't hold them correctly, or at least attempt to remove a cabbage or three, things will become unbearable.
That's where the cabbage blog category can help.
In a nutshell, it will help you...
- Cope with the demands of work more positively
- Identify and tackle more negative coping strategies
- Deal more proactively with the specific cabbages you are carrying, ie - solve the problem, overcome the obstacle or just let it go.
So, if any of the above apply, then use the search button at the top of the page and enter 'cabbage' and hit search. Then browse.
- Changing our perspective and mindset on the challenges and stress itself
- Being more productive and focused
- Prioritising the things that really matter in work, rest and play
- Taking better care of ourselves
- Seeking support from others
- Finding the joy in work, rest and play
Hope this helps you to navigate around the blogs.
If anything is missing or you struggle, please drop me a line...
Finding it hard to de-stress, take time-out or switch off? Check out my free 6-step e-book - 'Emergency Stress CPR'
Dave Algeo, Stressed Guru is a speaker and writer committed to spreading the message - well-being and success need each other. Get in touch to find out how he can help your organisation develop greater success with wellbeing, or learn more about his speaking and workshops.